CARING FOR THOSE WHO CARE FOR OTHERS
We exist to equip students and professionals in healthcare to worship God and to reach the community for Christ. We help healthcare professionals know Christ more through discipleship, we seek to care for them through relationships, and strive to send them out into their professions well equipped spiritually and professionally.
If we are faithful in carrying out our mission we expect to see the following:
- People coming to a saving knowledge and growing relationship with Christ on a regular basis.
- People being mentored into mature followers of Christ through small group and one on one discipleship.
- Marriages that are characterized by spouses loving, respecting and nurturing each other in relationships centered on Christ and guided by Biblical truths. Parents raising their children to be mature followers of Christ.
- People going out from the ministry with a missional mindset and lifestyle who are committed to win, build, and send out others as disciples of Christ both nationally and internationally.
- Health care professionals being influenced in a godly manner that values and treats the patient with a whole person concept: individuals with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs.
How & where we are involved
We have a strong focus on small groups. Last year over 150 participated in these groups and over 30 professionals led or co-led most of them. We also have large group meetings (with free meals) weekly.
Schools & Campuses
UAB Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Optometry
Meetings & Activities
- Monday night Fellowship, focus on relationships, marriage
- Tuesday night Fellowship, general topics for spiritual growth
- P&P - Thursday at noon for students from all healthcare schools
- TNT - Friday at noon for 3rd and 4th year dental students
- Side by Side, Wednesday mornings
- 3 annual mission trips: Dental, Medical, Therapy (Physical & Occupational)
- Side by Side has a chapter in Birmingham connected with us.
- We have a ministry to the orthopedic residents called "Bibles & Bones"
Events & Conferences
- Winter Retreat with other campuses in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana
- GMHC in Louisville every November
CMDA Birmingham Leadership
Drs. Mardon and Richelle Day, DPM
Both Mardon and Richelle are podiatrists and began serving as CMMA's Area Directors in January 2024.
Former missionary to Cambodia for 7 years. Triathlete.
Married to Anna for 45 years. Former missionary to the Dominican Republic for 11 years.
Married to Dominique for 3+ years.
Married to Jake, anesthesiology resident, for 5+ years.
We would love to hear from you.
Contact the Birmingham Area
The best way to stay updated on how to connect, grow and serve.