Looking for an opportunity to be sharpened by like-minded believers while showcasing your research project? Please join us for the annual VIE Poster Session at the CMDA National Convention at Ridgecrest Conference Center in Black Mountain, NC May 2-5, 2024.
Any student, resident or fellow in the healthcare field is eligible to participate. Come share your clinical vignette, case report/series, basic-science report, clinical/transaction report or literature review. We especially are looking for presentations in areas of spirituality, ethics, education, computational biology, mathematical modeling, biophysics, biotechnology, biomedical science, medicine, surgery, dentistry, nursing, medical humanities and more.
Submit your abstract by January 31, 2024. There is no submission fee.
Please note: Abstracts/posters that have already been published will not be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in CMDA’s VIE poster session! Registration is now closed for 2024 submissions.
We encourage you to attend CMDA’s National Convention and attend the VIE Poster Session on Friday afternoon. Participants will be answering questions about their VIE Poster Submission at that time. All are welcome!
Poster Presenters, please note:
Poster Preparation Instructions
- Your poster must fit a 4' x 4' space. Posters may be 3' x 4' (vertical), 4' x 3' (horizontal), or 4' x 4' (square). You may use our optional Vertical Template, Horizontal Template, or Square Template.
- Click here for tips on designing better research posters.
- Bring your printed poster to the convention and set up in the designated time before the poster session.
- Prepare a five (5) minute summary that can be presented to judges and other interested visitors during the poster session.
- You must be present at the National Conventionin order to win.
- Prizes will be awarded for the posters that score highest on visual and oral presentation.
Presenters and judges: please complete our brief VIE Poster Session Evaluation Form after the poster session to help us plan for future years. Thank you!
One of the greatest highlights of the conference was being around other Christian doctors, residents and medical students. It was so inspiring to meet other professionals who share my faith and being around like-minded individuals helped me to feel more connected to a community of believers across the country. The fellowship with believers who traveled to Cincinnati all the way from the east coast to the west coast reinforced my belief that I am not alone in my calling as a Christian in the medical field.
~Linda, National Convention 2023 Attendee
Contact email@example.com with your questions.
VIE is a French word for "life" and represents not only the acronym for "Vignettes, Initiatives, Innovations, & Education," but also our recognition of and commitment to stirring godly passions and life throughout CMDA and His kingdom through presentation of scholarly work.